My 30 Day Mission: To write Oprah Winfrey everyday...hoping to earn Vallary Akinyi, my African "daughter" whom I sponsor thru the school where I volunteered on a mission trip for teachers, a spot at her Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy For Girls.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dear Oprah,
     So I have to admit that I'm a little discouraged for two reasons: 1)Vallary is not a resident of South Africa, which the admissions page of your school's website says an applicant must be... and 2)I think it might be wise to spend the next 10 days reposting the blog in order to try to get your attention rather than spend the bulk of my time writing.
     Thoughts on 1): I'm hoping that you might override the need for Vallary to currently reside in South Africa.  I mean, you are Oprah. You might see fit to override such a "rule", mightn you? Wouldn't it be amazing to spread out beyond the borders of South Africa and extend your reach all the way to Kenya? It seems to me that it could be the seed that grows a fruitful tree for the people of M'Bita to have a gardener like Vallary come back home after her schooling in South Africa and be able to spread such educational knowledge to her homeland. I think this could be the foundation of an everlasting bridge between the two countries.
     Thoughts on 2): I am feeling anxious about reaching you. I would hate to waste time "filling" the blog for the next 10 days when I could be using that time to spread the word about what is already written.
     So that's what I'm going to do.
     Hope to hear from you soon. Be thinking about that South Africa rule.  With all due respect, it would be your loss...and Vallary's....and I've got a feeling maybe a lot of other people of the region too. Please consider...and please get in touch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment