My 30 Day Mission: To write Oprah Winfrey everyday...hoping to earn Vallary Akinyi, my African "daughter" whom I sponsor thru the school where I volunteered on a mission trip for teachers, a spot at her Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy For Girls.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dear Oprah,
     That was the BEST Super Bowl half time show EVER!!!! Madonna could have chosen any idea to sell in lights at the end and her choice was: "world peace"...soooooooooooooooooooo inspiring!! Loved, loved, loved her performance...just like she loves, loves, loves Africa.  I think it's cool that she adopted a child from a continent that has so many children to rescue.  I do.  I admire it and have actually spent a little bit of time contemplating the possibilities of doing so. I have decided that, for those who do, it is an amazing feat. I also believe that an even more bodacious move is to try to rescue not just one...but many....simultaneously....thru education. So cool of you, Oprah.  Truly.  Or in Madonna's case, attempting to capture the attention of millions of tonight's viewers in order to possibly ignite the compassion of just some of them, in order to go on to save a few.  Either way is compelling and worth great praise. So, tonight I just wanted to say, rock on with your bad self, Oprah.  And cheers to Madge ;) You both make the women and men of not just America, but also of THE WHOLE WORLD proud to be here...and ultimately more aware of the freedom we all respect, love, and admire - whether we have it to the same degree as our nation neighbors or not - it is still what we all really want to attain and the only way we're ever going to get there is if we continue the trend that ladies like you have started: caring for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the children whether they are "ours" or not.  They all belong to us and we all belong to each other. So, whether Vallary gets into your school or not, I still salute you for the wonderful job you are doing to bring this world together :)  Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment