My 30 Day Mission: To write Oprah Winfrey everyday...hoping to earn Vallary Akinyi, my African "daughter" whom I sponsor thru the school where I volunteered on a mission trip for teachers, a spot at her Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy For Girls.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dear Oprah,
      I was just watching Glee for the first time, thinking about the parallels between you and Will Schuester (minus the disparagingly huge disconnect between a teacher's salary and yours - no offense, of course) and how you're making the WORLD the stage for the girls who attend your school.  I have heard you say that you would have been a teacher had you not gone the route that you did and I can't tell you what it does for my heart to see someone with your ability to do whatever you please decide to focus on 1) raising the girl power factor  2) educating others IN SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS  3) helping those who need and deserve help - whatever form that may be.   So I just wanted to take the time tonight to say thank you, Oprah...from one teacher to another :)

1 comment:

  1. Best Wishes on your mission. I feel Valary will do great things with or without Oprah's help -- she already has a wonderful friend in you.

    ReplyDelete